Accor Vacation Club Cruise News
Ahoooooy Matey’s, “Captain Scott” with his latest round of Accor Vacation Club Cruise News…
‘It’s Cruise Time’ of course
Ahoy Accor Mateys – it’s Captain Scott and what time is it? … “It’s Cruise Time” of course (ship horn in background) Here’s my latest share of all the greatest and cutting edge news happening in the world of cruising! This month I’m joined by my First Mate, Jackie and her run-down of all the fabulous specialty chef cuisine available on board out on the high seas! There’s many cruising jewels to tell you about so let’s get started!
11 things you never thought you would find on a cruise ship*
All waiting for you to discover! Boy was I surprised at some of the magical on-board fun, entertainment and features available for couples, solo travelers or the whole family! In the spirit of the pure joy of discovery – get a load of these cool surprises and check them out on your next holiday cruise!
• Out door large picture screen cinemas (“Movies Under The Stars” as coined by Princess). Enjoy this totally cool phenomenon of viewing popular Hollywood classics and blockbusters out under the open sky! With all the comforts – Popcorn! lounge chairs, blankets and even warm cookies and milk! Cosy yes. Great for family-time or me-time.
• Spa indulgence galore. Speaking of me-time, you can pamper yourself silly at sea. There are facials, body sculpting, lava rocks, massages, face-peels, aroma-therapies, steam baths, mud wraps and lettuce wraps (just kidding about the lettuce wraps, or am I?). They may cost a little extra, but so worth it!
• Waterslides that jut out over the ocean (don’t worry they jut right back in to “slide you off”). With names like the Green Thunder (Carnival – Oz), Norwegian’s “Free Fall” or MSC’s 390 foot “Vertigo” or Disney’s Aqua Coaster on Disney Cruise Lines. It’s time to get your swimmers on!
• The mysterious “The North Star”!Take yourself to new heights (over 300 feet) with the jewel-shaped capsule on the end of a crane-like arm suspending up to 13 people at one time up and out over the ship and sea. The glass-encased gondola similar to the size and look of the London Eye or Melbourne Eye gondola gives you breathtaking 360° birds-eye views of the ship, sea and even your destinations!
• Cooking Classes at sea by the worlds’ great chefs! Marco Pierre White, Atul Kochar, wine-guru Olly Smith have been seen onboard teaching the art of cooking! Chef’s Tip – be sure and check out some of the local cultural cooking exposes aboard the European & Asian river cruise itineraries.
• Solo cabins – purposely-built for solo travelers are on offer with common areas including TV lounges and supper clubs to meet and mingle with other single travelers.
• Ripcord by iFly! “What the…?” Believe it or not you have the opportunity to fly at sea, literally fly (and it’s not virtually)! What Royal Caribbean is calling a “First-at-sea experience”! Check it out and take the leap!
• There are indoor Ice Skating rinks – I know right, it’s certainly the last thing you’d expect to experience! But you can keep cool with Ice shows and skating lessons, and then go relax in the sun with a mock tail/cocktail or two!
• Ride (or battle) Bumper cars (RCCL’s Quantum of the Seas). Yes over 30 bumper cars to skid, bump and squeal over!
• Wedding Chapels and ceremonies at sea – What’s more romantic than being married by the Captain (or have him renew your vows!). And there are various cool venues aboard ship to choose from (what about getting married in “The North Star” mentioned above!!! Wow.
• Virtual Balconies – Inside cabins have just been revolutionized! Royal Caribbean’s newest ship, Quantum of the Seas, features 373 ‘virtual balcony’ cabins, which include 80 inch LED screens stretching from floor to ceiling of an indoor cabin. What’s even more impressive, these virtual balconies display real time images of the outside, both at sea and in port.
Sounds of summer…
Beat the Winter Time Blues and Book Your Summertime Cruise!
That’s the winter mantra! Wow there’s an exciting season of summer holiday cruises to choose from just around the corner.
That’s the spirit. Roll back those Doona and Duve’s and let the warm sunshine in… Summer may be a couple of months away but now’s the time to dream a little dream, cast your mind adrift and out to sea, to a warm sunny isle or Mediterranean sun-drenched beach. Take a look at some of the summertime cruise treats that we have in store for you. These are just a nibble of what’s available.
Round Australia – new departure ports, ships and itineraries – choices for summer holidaying are limitless. And Accor Vacation Club Cruises has all the latest and greatest inventory with excellent value for Members!
– New for 2015-16 Royal Caribbean’s LEGEND Of THE SEAS from Brisbane with 18
departures to the South Pacific, Asia, Tropical North Queensland and even New Zealand.
– Princess continues its 50th Anniversary celebration in 2015 with 5 ships